[ofa-general] Re: RFC: "mlx4" drivers for Mellanox ConnectX HCAs

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Apr 16 09:41:38 PDT 2007

 > >   - Fix CQ locking on destroy QP; not completely trivial since I want
 > >     to keep a somewhat clean division between mlx4_core and mlx4_ib
 >
 > It seems core could just export a "cleanup" functions then, and
 > mlx4_ib would call that under the appropriate lock?

Yes, I don't think it's a huge issue, I just need to figure out a way
to implement it that I like.  The core already exports __mlx4_qp_lookup()
so something like __mlx4_qp_remove() would make sense.

 > >   - clean stale CQEs on destroy QP or modify QP to RESET
 >
 > BTW, I went over that code in mthca and it seems that it does
 > not handle CQ resize correctly. Right?

I don't know of a problem -- or do you mean that it fails if a CQ
resize is in progress as a QP destroy/reset occurs?

 > >   - inline send support
 >
 > Inline send from userspace, or from kernel as well?
 > If from kernel - note that we never had inline
 > in kernel for older HW, so ULPs don't use it.
 > So I guess this is a low priority feature?

I guess userspace is a higher priority.  We could ignore it for the
kernel for the moment.

 > > And of course we still need to get write combining support in the core
 > > kernel to make blueflame work well.
 >
 > You haven't gootten anhy feedback from your last request for
 > comments on this, did you?

No, but I haven't pushed very hard on it yet.  I think this is a
2.6.23 thing at this point.

 - R.