[ofa-general] Re: on the coexistance of uDAPLs

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Mon Apr 16 11:30:24 PDT 2007

Karl Feind wrote:

>>>Clearly, we need to agree on a conventional way that a uDAPL
>>>layer can register itself in /etc/dat.conf when it gets installed and
>>>unregister itself when it gets uninstalled.   Furthermore, upgrading
>>>one uDAPL should not have adverse effects on other uDAPLs.  I don't
>>>see how this can be done with the current RPM structure.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any guidance.

I can look into improving the RPM install and uninstall but we will have
to make alot of assumptions about naming conventions. As long as the
provider names for OFED are unique (OpenIB), and we can figure out how
to do this in the rpm, maybe something like:

For install:

# if exists then remove any existing OFED entry and append new OFED
entries, no comments
if [ -e /etc/dat.conf ]
then
       sed -e "/OpenIB/d" < /etc/dat.conf > /tmp/$$ofed_dat_create
       mv /tmp/$$ofed_dat_create /etc/dat.conf
       sed -e "/#/d" < doc/dat.conf >> /etc/dat.conf
else
       cp doc/dat.conf /etc/dat.conf
fi

For uninstall:

# if OFED is only provider installed then remove dat.conf, otherwise
just remove OFED entries
sed -e "/OpenIB/d" -e "/#/d" < /etc/dat.conf > /tmp/$$ofed_dat_clean
if [ 'wc -w /tmp/$$ofed_dat_clean' == 0 ]
then
     rm /etc/dat.conf
else
    sed -e "/OpenIB/d" < /etc/dat.conf > /tmp/$$ofed_dat
    mv /tmp/$$ofed_dat /etc/dat.conf
fi

comments? other suggestions?

-arlin