[ofa-general] Re: bonding & ipoib patches to support bonding of ipoib devices (was: re [NET]: Fix neighbour destructor handling)

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Apr 22 04:44:01 PDT 2007

> Quoting Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz at voltaire.com>:
> >2.Ah kept in the ipoib_neigh might belong to a device which is different
> >  from the one start_xmit is called at.
>
> Michael, Roland,
>
> Following the high-availability/bonding session at Sonoma, I'd like to
> have a BOF to discuss the issues which from your perspective should be
> addressed before the patch set is merged upstream. Will you be around?

I won't be able to make it unfortunately.

> I just need a clarification on (2), can you educate me how can it
> happen?

Consider a specific neighbour. Can the following happen? If no, why not?
- a packet is sent through ib0, ipoib_neigh and ->ah are created
- bonding switches to ib1 for some reason
- before ipoib_neigh and ah are flushed, a new skb arrives. It is posted on
  ib1 with ah which belongs to ib0

--
MST