[ofa-general] build problem on kernel-ib-devel package

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Apr 23 14:15:03 PDT 2007

Vlad,

I'm trying to build the src tree that is installed when you install the
kernel-ib-devel package and I'm hitting a problem.  iw_cxgb3 fails to
load because the ib_core module doesn't have the genalloc code included
in it.  I think the Makefile in drivers/infininband/core didn't get
patched by
kernel_patches/backport/2.6.20/linux_genalloc_to_2.6.20.patch.

Q: Should this tree be a fully configured tree that I can just do a
'make install' in?  Because if it is, then something is broken...

Steve.