[ofa-general] Re: initial set of "direct" SDP tests in netperf

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon Apr 30 11:11:46 PDT 2007

> Surely too late for OFED 1.2, but we can reopen this afterwards.
>
> Are there disadvantages to using protocol instead of family?
> Would this change present a problem for people using e.g. getprotobyname
> to get the protocol number?

True, at that level it would be trading one problem - AF_INET_SDP not in
getaddrinfo()) into a different problem - IPPROTO_SDP not in
getprotobyname().

However, I think that is the "better" problem - SDP is a "protocol" not
an address family.  (Again, based on what little I understand about
SDP).  Having said that, at this point, is the die not already cast?

Probably worth asking for opinions in netdev.  I'm sure there would be
at least a couple available there.

rick jones