[ofa-general] Re: Trouble installing OFED1.2 with kernel

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 30 23:48:02 PDT 2007

I don't think you are actually using the kernel from kernel.org:
we test-build these nightly.

Quoting Jeffrey Wong <jwong at datallegro.com>:
Subject: RE: Trouble installing OFED1.2 with kernel

Well when I try to compile I get an error message saying i_private is not a member of the inode structure when trying to compile the ulp/iboip and the ib_ipath modules.  I'm using the 2.6.18-8 kernel src from kernel.org.

Any reasons why I would be getting this error message?

Thanks,
Jeff