[ofa-general] Errors while loading librdmacm & libibverbs

Erez Zilber erezz at voltaire.com
Wed Aug 1 02:41:47 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to run STGT with iSER support. I'm using the STGT kernel
(2.6.22) with the STGT userspace code. Since it uses libibverbs &
librdmacm, I cloned both git trees and installed them.

When I start STGT, I get the following errors:

[root at sage usr]# ./tgtd
[iSER]:iscsi_iser_init() Entry.
librdmacm: couldn't read ABI version.
librdmacm: assuming: 4
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
CMA: unable to open /dev/infiniband/rdma_cm
librdmacm: couldn't read ABI version.
librdmacm: assuming: 4
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
Segmentation fault

I saw that the following sysfs files don't exist (that's why librdmacm
says "couldn't read ABI version"):

/sys/class/misc/rdma_cm/abi_version
/sys/class/infiniband_ucma/abi_version

Did I forget to load anything? What is the problem?

Thanks,

Erez Zilber | 972-9-971-7689

Software Engineer, Storage Team

Voltaire – _The Grid Backbone_