[ofa-general] Re: [RFC/PATCH] mthca: ensure alignment of doorbell writes

akepner at sgi.com akepner at sgi.com
Fri Aug 3 14:16:44 PDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 10:55:09AM -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:

> Looking at this further... does mlx4 need the same treatment for
> writing CQ doorbells?

Yes, looks like the same deal there. (I don't have any
mlx4 h/w, so didn't check that.)

> How about libmthca/libmlx4 in userspace?

Yes and yes. What do you think about using the new
"doorbell type" that was in the patch that started
this thread? For mthca it was defined like this:

union mthca_doorbell {
	__be64 val64;
	__be32 val32[2];
};

Or should we just add __attribute__ ((aligned(8))) to
all the "__be32 doorbell[2]", etc. definitions?

--
Arthur