[ofa-general] Infiniband Statistics?

Todd Rimmer todd.rimmer at qlogic.com
Mon Aug 6 11:23:52 PDT 2007

XmtBytes is the actual count of bytes sent on the wire (actually
hardware tracks it in terms of 32 bit Quad bytes).  XmtPkts is the
number of IB packets on the wire.  Depending on application the actual
number of bytes per packet can vary (constrained by MTU).

Hence there is NO consistent N for which Packets = Bytes/N

Todd Rimmer
Chief Architect
QLogic System Interconnect Group
Voice: 610-233-4852     Fax: 610-233-4777
Todd.Rimmer at QLogic.com  www.QLogic.com