[ofa-general] ibnetdiscover

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Tue Aug 7 05:26:36 PDT 2007

Hi,

I two questions about ibnetdiscover.

1) How reliable is it? Here in our testing lab ibnetdiscover works fine,
detects the proper names of the two infiniband switches and all connected
client cards. On a customer system it doesn't work that well. I know the
client is connected to an MTS2400 switch, but ibnetdiscover detects a
MT47396. The MTS2400 is connected to MTS1400 switch, but again ibnetdiscover
believs it is again a MT47396. Any idea whats going on?

2) ibnetdiscover also can't detect everything on the very same customer
system, it shows this error

ibwarn: [30449] handle_port: NodeInfo on DR path 0,1,12,21,16,1 failed,
skipping port

Does this mean port 1 of the last switch failed?

I'm also not sure about the pathes, IMHO the man page of ibnetdiscover should
give one more example, so

       -D      use directed path address arguments. The path
               is a comma separated list of out ports.
               Examples:
               "0"             # self port
               "0,1,2,1,4"     # out via port 1, then 2, ...

"out via port 1, then out via port 2, then out via port 1, ..."

or

"out via port 1, then in port 2, then out via port 1, ..."

You see what I mean?

Thanks in advance,
Bernd

--