[ofa-general] Virtual interface over bonding interface?

Peter Selzner peter_selzner at web.de
Thu Aug 9 07:38:58 PDT 2007

Hi,

is it passible to create a virtual interface over a bonding interface?
We have created two bonding interfaces in this way:

cat /etc/infiniband/openib.conf

.# Enable the bonding driver on startup
IPOIBBOND_ENABLE=yes
# Set bond interface names
IPOIB_BONDS=ibbond0,ibbond1
# Set specific bond params; address and slaves
ibbond0_IP=10.252.10.21
ibbond0_SLAVES=ib0,ib1 <- default partition ffff
ibbond1_IP=10.252.8.21
ibbond1_SLAVES=ib1.f1f1,ib0.f1f1 <- additional partition f1f1

Now we need over the ibbond0 interface a virtual ibbond0:1 interface
for oracle RAC Virtual-IP interface.
Is this possible and when yes how?

Best regards
Peter