[ofa-general] IPoIB High Availability

Amar Mudrankit amar.mudrankit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 08:40:12 PDT 2007

This is a query regarding IPoIB HA behaviour.

If I physically pull of the cable from IB port corresponding to primary
IPoIB interface, I notice that the configuration of primary IPoIB interface
is migrated to the secondary IPoIB interface. But, if the primary interface
is made down just by

                                ifconfig <primary-interface name> down

and not physically disconnecting the cable from IB port, I found that
configuration of primary IPoIB interface is not migrated to secondary IPoIB
interface.

I think in case of "ifconfig <> down" also, the failover should work.
Is this supposed to work?