[ofa-general] [RFC] the never ending search for SA scalability

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Aug 13 10:42:20 PDT 2007

> Don't you need a distributed SA for your idea to work?  Otherwise what
> happens if node A sets a service record at SA LID X, and then node B
> sends a query for that service record at SA LID Y?

My initial hope is that we can get away with replicating the data, and
using the existing SA protocol to keep it in sync.  For the example you
gave, SA LID X could forward the set to the master SA before recording
it locally.  SA LID Y would check with the master SA for the data if it
weren't found local.