[ofa-general] Re: [RFC] the never ending search for SA scalability

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Aug 13 10:53:28 PDT 2007

> If all you want is to answer a query with the redirect to the source
> LID, it's probably quite easy to extend opensm in this way.

It's not quite that simple.  The actual data eventually needs to come
from the master SA, so opensm can't simply redirect every query.

I believe as soon as the master SA becomes involved in the redirection,
it would need to run some distributed SA protocol.  The master SA would
need to know that the requested data can be found at the redirected
location.