[ofa-general] Query on ibv_post_recv and IBV_SEND_INLINE

Bharath Ramesh bramesh at vt.edu
Mon Aug 20 10:51:40 PDT 2007

I have a question on using IBV_SEND_INLINE. From what I understand if I am
using IBV_SEND_INLINE I technically neednt register the buffer with
ibv_reg_mr as I dont need the L_Key. But still in the receiver end I
would have to have the buffer registered to receive the inline data that
has been posted. If I have an application where I am using a lot of
small messages, then memory registration would be expensive. Is there
any other option for receiving inline messages with out actually
registering the receive buffer.

Thanks,

Bharath

---