[ofa-general] does ibv_modify_qp() check error ?

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Tue Aug 21 08:58:53 PDT 2007

Hi, if anyone can answer,

	I have a question about ibv_modify_qp() behavior. I use
ibv_modify_qp() to move QP state from INIT to RTR and then RTS.
when INIT-->RTR, I need to provide peer's qp number and port lid. If qp
number and port lid are not correct (for example, both
QPs are connected to different switch, and there is no bridge link
between the switches), my code is silently hanging.

	Does ibv_modify_qp() check such error, or is there other way to
detect such error ? so my code can error out, not hanging ?

	Thanks.

--CQ, HP MPI