[ofa-general] MPI IB Errors

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Aug 22 14:52:58 PDT 2007

On Aug 22, 2007, at 5:45 PM, John Leidel wrote:

> Err.... I don't seem to have any of the typical IB diagnostics
> tools.  All they [ie, i didn't originally install this machine] had
> running in the first place were the IB modules resident with the
> 2.6.9-42 redhat kernel.

Is that RHEL4U4?  I'm afraid I don't know what ships with RHEL4U4 by
default; I always install the Cisco OFED distribution (which
uninstalls the OFED that ships with RHEL).  It might be OFED 1.1...?
Try a "locate" for ibv_devinfo to see if it's installed where.

> I'm debating on whether I should go install the CISCO IB Roll to
> make sure I have all the necessary tools in place.

I'm not entirely sure what's in there (again, I'm the MPI guy, not
the IB stack guy :-)); it may be the Cisco proprietary IB stack, not
the OpenFabrics stack.

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems