[ofa-general] Question: Verbs API Error code recover

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Dec 2 01:36:05 PST 2007

Hi.

Wei Fang wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> I'm new here just some days ago. Right now I'm facing a problem to
> using OFED 1.2.5's verb api.   In my programming, I use RDMA Write
> function to transfer data ( ibv_post_send ). Then I use ibv_poll_cq to
> get this CQ's finish.  Sometimes, ibv_poll_cq's return error is
> IBV_WC_RETRY_EXC_ERR (error code is 12).  When this error code
> happen,  any next transfer will always fail.  In this case, I have to
> restart computer.  Anyone can tell me how to recover this error
> without quit program or restart PC?

If you have a completion with status IBV_WC_RETRY_EXC_ERR your QP state
will be moved to error, so all of the WR that you will post after this
will fail too.
If you have this failure you need to reconnect the QPs (i don't know why
you need to restart the computer in order to fix this ....).

I think that you need to check why you got this completion status from
the first place (did the remote side close the QP?)

Dotan