[ofa-general] RE: SRP Target Port

Vu Pham vuhuong at mellanox.com
Mon Dec 3 11:39:07 PST 2007

> I have specified the initiator and target GUID in the group membership
> as to isolate initiators to specific target ports and I get no
> connections.
What is exactly group name that you created?
You need to create group name same as *initiator name* (first 8-byte is
target port GUID and last 8-byte is second 8-byt of initiator port ID)

> However when  I leave this as Default group and check the initiator
> port using OSMTEST for WinIB, I get a port is is 1 higher than that
> reported by /proc/scst_tgt/sessions:
>
> WinIB osmtest:
>         1: GUID = 0x1708ffffd0dd61, lid = 0x0008, state = ACTIVE
>         2: GUID = 0x1708ffffd0dd62, lid = 0x0011, state = ACTIVE
>
> SCST Session:
> Target name          Initiator name                      Group
> name                          Command Count
> ib_srpt              0x001a4bffff0cd045001708ffffd0dd60
> Default                             0
> Is it safe to assume the session (SCST Group USER) will always be one
> less than the initiator port id? The OFED target code seems to be
> current (git reports no updates).

To create *initiator name*, srp target use 8-byte of target port GUID
and second 8-byte of *initiator port ID* (initiator port ID is sent in
srp login in private data of connection request)

My guess is that Win SRP use HCA GUID (not port GUID) to construct last
8-byte of initiator port ID.