[ofa-general] OFED QoS Support

Mukil Kesavan mukilk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 21:08:28 PST 2007

Hi,

I am a grad student at Georgia Institute of Technology working on Infiniband
for a project. My focus is on IB QoS support. I used the OFED
1.2distribution - opensm to configure the SL-VL mappings and the VLArb
tables
with the opensm.opts file in /var/cache/osm. Currently, I am configuring QoS
as 1 high priority VL with weight 200 and disabling other high priority VLs.
When I run the tests, there is no change in BW Avgs as per the QoS setting
and it appears that BW is shared evenly among different applications during
the tests.

I currently use a Mellanox MT25208 Inifnihost III Ex HCA - Firmware version
4.6.0. Could someone help me getting the QoS to work? There are not a lot of
resources on the web and I've been following the email exchanges amongst you
guys involved in development but they aren't conclusive to me.

Thanks for your time,

Mukil