[ofa-general] ipoib bonding problems in 1.3-beta2 and 1.2.5.4,

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 14:04:24 PST 2007

On 12/6/07, Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) <sweitzen at cisco.com> wrote:
> I would prefer to leave openib.conf alone.  The old way and new way are
> not mutually exclusive, are they?

Indeed the old and the new ways are not mutually exclusive, however,
as I see it, the name of the game here is why add noise? over Ethernet
no one would ever never consider to add a weird  script that does not
use the standard tools to configure networking/bonding/etc. For some
reason some people that run this thing called OFED neglect that simple
everyday life fact so they (we, I should say, as at least both me and
you are signed on this) invent this and that mechanisms.

In other word, the long answer is that OFED should go home,  the
openibd service should go home, etc, along with this thing of
configuring bonding through non standard means and the short answer is
that there no point in configuring bonding through non standard means.

Or.