[ofa-general] ipoib bonding problems in 1.3-beta2 and 1.2.5.4,

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 14:09:21 PST 2007

On 12/6/07, Vu Pham <vuhuong at mellanox.com> wrote:
> > The question on usage case of bonding over separate fabrics have been
> > brought to me several times and I gave this answer, no-one ever tried
> > to educate me why its interesting, maybe you will do so...
> >

> I don't have good reason. I used two separated fabrics configuration
> because my lacking understanding on ethernet/ib bonding and the old
> methodology way of redundancy in ethernet  & FC using two separated fabrics.

Yes, that was my guess, but, my hope was that you can provide some
reasoning for thismethodology way of redundancy which I understand you
were using also for SRP HA, so can you say anything in favor of the
way you were working till now? As I said, this problem of failure in
one side enforcing a failure in the other side, and worse, when there
are more than two players, eg one target and N initiators, fail-over
in one initiator forces the target to fail-over --> forces the other
N-1 initiators to fail-over!?

Or.