[ofa-general] mthca lid_change event generation

Moni Levy myopenib at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 06:49:58 PST 2007

Roland,
	during some kind of SM failover testing I found out that the IPoIB interfaces get IB_EVENT_LID_CHANGE event without having their lid really changed. I looked into the code that generates it and it looks wrong to me. Why if we receive a "portinfo set" mad with it's client_reregister bit cleared we have to generate the lid_change event even if that mad does not actually change the port lid ? Here is the code, I guess I'm missing something.

                        if(pinfo->clientrereg_resv_subnetto & 0x80)
                                event.event    = IB_EVENT_CLIENT_REREGISTER;
                        else
                                event.event    = IB_EVENT_LID_CHANGE;

--Moni