[ofa-general] RE: [PATCH] librdmacm/man: fix-up man pages
ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Dec 12 04:52:20 PST 2007
Sean Hefty wrote:
> These have been updated and pushed upstream. Please let me know if you're aware
> of any other documentation changes.
OK, here's some feedback on the documentation (man pages)
1. for rdma_disconnect - mention that
- it applies only to connected service
- the QP is moved to the error state and following that all the posted
work requests will be flushed to the completion queue.
- the disconnected event would be generated in both sides of the connection
2. for rdma_join_multicast
- mention that as with unicast, if source address is provided to
rdma_resolve_addr then the routing table need not be set to route this
group to an ipoib device
- mention that the attach operation is done once the join SA query join
- point from this page to the page of rdma_get_cm_event
3. librdmacm return codes
I understand its either zero (success) or unari-minus-some-errno-value,
is it correct? if yes, can you document that at the main page? down the
road, it can be nice to document the return values/reasons for each API
entry, but I guess this might not fit into the timeline of OFED 1.3?!
More information about the general