[ofa-general] RE: CMA can't establish connection with QoS on

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Dec 12 10:30:53 PST 2007

>I'm having troubles with using rdma when QoS is enabled on the subnet.
>Everything works fine as long as QoS policy enforces SL=0, but when
>the policy defines SL!=0, the client application hungs.
>
>The only thing I see is that CMA sends sends PathRecord query to OpenSM
>and OpenSM returns the QoS-enforced SL.
>
>I've also opened bugzilla bug for this - num. 821
>You can see more details and instructions to reproduce it there.

I haven't tried to reproduce this yet, but looking at the code:

I didn't notice anything that either the rdma_cm or ib_cm did differently based
on the value of the SL.  The rdma_cm doesn't do anything with SL except pass
whatever it gets in the path record through to the ib_cm.  The ib_cm copies the
SL into the REQ, but it does end up being used to create an address handle to
send the MAD.  Is there any chance that the creation of the address handle is
causing the problem?  Does any other QoS related code with SL != 0 work?