[ofa-general] opensm build error

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Wed Dec 12 14:05:22 PST 2007

Hi Sean,

On 12:14 Wed 12 Dec     , Sean Hefty wrote:
> I hit the following build error after pulling the latest opensm:
>
> opensm-osm_node_desc_rcv.o(.text+0x9f): In function `__osm_nd_rcv_process_nd':
> /home/mshefty/management/opensm/opensm/osm_node_desc_rcv.c:82: undefined referen
> ce to `remap_node_name'
> opensm-osm_opensm.o(.text+0x301): In function `osm_opensm_destroy':
> /home/mshefty/management/opensm/opensm/osm_opensm.c:187: undefined reference to
> `close_node_name_map'
> opensm-osm_opensm.o(.text+0x6f6): In function `osm_opensm_init':
> /home/mshefty/management/opensm/opensm/osm_opensm.c:314: undefined reference to
> `open_node_name_map'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [opensm] Error 1
>
> I worked around the problem by running make && make install from
> management/opensm/complib subdirectory before running make && make install from
> management/opensm.  I don't know if this is a problem with the documentation, or
> if the build process itself could work around this.

Thanks for reporting this. I think it is a bug in the OpenSM build -
-L$(libdir) is placed first in opensm linker command before local path,
So you get such results.

The actual problem is that OpenSM configurator adds common OpenSM
library paths (for libibumad, etc.) which includes $(libdir) in LDFLAGS
instead of LDADD. LDFLAGS are going before LDADD in a linker command
line, and $(libdir)/libosmcomp.so is grabbed this way.

The patch shortly.

Sasha