[ofa-general] Re: CMA can't establish connection with QoS on

Yevgeny Kliteynik kliteyn at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Dec 13 05:19:22 PST 2007

Sean Hefty wrote:
>> Not sure if it helps, but "ibv_rc_pingpong -l <any SL>" works.
>
> I'll try this tomorrow.
>
> With QoS enabled (using the QoS file provided in bug 821), I get a
> ROUTE_ERROR on the client side, but I don't see a system hang.  I'm
> running 2.6.24-rc3 with patches in my for-roland branch.
>
> I do see that opensm hangs when I try to kill it, but using 'kill'
> forces it to exit.

Sean,

Sorry, but I forgot to add an important detail in the instructions to
reproduce this problem. Your FW has to be QoS-enabled.

Use the latest ConnectX FW release 2_3_000. If you don'r have it, you
can get it from the Mellanox site:

     http://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware_download.php

When you burn it, you need to enable the QoS by adding the following
line in the [hca] section of the .ini file:

    sx_vlarb_en = true

-- Yevgeny