[ofa-general] MTHCA driver from OFED 1.3a package

David Boehme dboehme at cs.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 18 12:15:43 PST 2007

On Dienstag 27 November 2007, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > just found, that OFED 1.3a with 2.6.23 kernel runs at 2/3 speed
> > compared to 2.6.23 kernel with built in driver. Any reason for this?
>
> Which benchmark?
> Which HCA?
> Is it the same with ofed beta release?

Hi,

I'd like to note that this performance problem seems still to exist in OFED
1.3rc1.

On our testing environment (2 Hosts, Xeon 3040, Mellanox MT25208 HCA) with
OFED 1.3rc1 on Fedora 8/Kernel 2.6.23.9-rc1, ib_rdma_bw yields a bandwidth
of 658 MB/sec with a one megabyte message size. Other benchmarks show
similar results.

David