[ofa-general] SA: Retrieving multiple paths between SGID and DGID

Amar Mudrankit amar.mudrankit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 05:02:35 PST 2007

Is there any way to retrieve information about all paths between 2 IB hosts,
when their GIDs are available ? For example when OpenSM LMC is set to > 0.

With the ib_sa_path_rec_get() it looks like it can give only one path
between a given Source GID and Destination GID and there is no way to
retrieve multiple paths with a single call to the SA module. Can anybody
please confirm the same?

I experimented with setting values for module parameters of ib_sa.ko module
namely :-

        paths_per_dest = 8  (I have set OpenSM LMC=3)
        lookup_method = 0 (Round robin way to return paths)

in an intent to retrieve multiple paths. On a single run of my module, it
always returned me the same path on multiple calls to ib_sa_path_rec_get.
When my  module was unloaded and loaded again, it returned me different path
than first run. But, in this second run on successive calls to
ib_sa_path_rec_get, it again kept returning me the same path as obtained on
the first run. Thus, it looks like successive calls to ib_sa_path_rec_get is
not returning me different path on each call.

If I have to retrieve all 8 paths in a single call, is there any way that I
can accomplish the same?