[ofa-general] [RFC] XRC -- make receiving XRC QP independent of any one user process

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Thu Dec 20 08:24:09 PST 2007

Jack:
        Thanks for adding this new function, this is what we need. There is one issue I want to make clear,

This new "kernel" owned QP "will be destroyed when the XRC domain is closed
(i.e., as part of a ibv_close_xrc_domain call, but only when the domain's reference count goes to zero) "

        If I have a MPI server processes on a node, many other MPI client processes will dynamically
connect/disconnect with the server. The server use same XRC domain.

        Will this cause accumulating the "kernel" QP for such application ? we want the server to run 365 days
a year.

Thanks.
--CQ