[ofa-general] [RFC] XRC -- make receiving XRC QP independent of any one user process

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Fri Dec 21 12:51:23 PST 2007

On Friday 21 December 2007 20:22, Tang, Changqing wrote:
> What we do for heart-beat is using zero-byte rdma_write, the message goes to the peer QP only, there is no need to post anything
> on remote side, no need for pinned memory.

I'll look into this solution on Sunday (I've not used 0-byte rdma_reads myself yet).
(Question -- does the 0-byte rdma-read need to access a valid address
(i.e., region) on the remote side, even if it is zero-byte? or are the
remote address and rkey fields "don't care" in the
post_send work request in this case?)

If you can, please send me a coding example at the userspace ibv (verbs) layer.
It will save time.
(jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il).

Thanks!

- Jack