[ofa-general] synchronize commands issued to MTHCA

Yicheng Jia YJia at tmriusa.com
Mon Dec 24 15:48:45 PST 2007

Hi Folks,

I'm using mellanox HCA and I'm a newbie to this IB community. I'm
encountering a problem with the HCA board and looking forward to getting
some help here.

I'm using OFED-1.0 and the problem I believe is related to command
synchronization of HCA. The host issues a MAD_INF command at first and
then a SW2HW_MTP command without waiting for the completion of the first
command. Both of commands return with bad parameters error.

My question is why there's no synchronization mechanism for the command
execution on HCA, can I use "spin_lock" or "sem_wait" to synchronize
between every command?

Thanks!
Yicheng