[openib-general] ip_ib_mc_map?

Steve WIse swise at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Feb 1 01:01:24 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 17:53 -0800, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Steve Wise wrote:
> > Perhaps there's no backport for this to rhel4u4?
>
> I would have thought so, but I really don't know.  The function is called from
> net/ipv4/arp.c, and not directly by ipoib.  So, I don't know how the backport
> patches typically handle this.
>
> - Sean

Here's what I see:

ip_ib_mc_map() is called directly from cma_join_ib_multicast(), which is
added to the ofed_1_2 cma.c via patch file:
kernel_patches/fixes/sean_multicast_1.patch

So when I compiled ofed_1_2 on rhel4u4, the cma wouldn't load because
there is no ip_ib_mc_map() in rhel4u4.

So you need a backport patch for this to work on rhel4u4.  Probably many
of the older kernels.

Steve.