[openib-general] [mthca] Creation of a SRQ with many WR (> 16K) in kernel level fails

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Feb 1 01:17:53 PST 2007

Dotan Barak wrote:
> I think that now, when implementation of IPoIB CM is available and SRQ
> is being used, one may
> need to use a SRQ with more than 16K WRs.

IPoIB UD uses SRQ by nature (since RX from all peers consume buffers
from the --only-- RQ) and lives fine with 32 buffers (or 64 you can look
in the code). Moreover, my assumption is that

	pps(RC) <= pps(UC) <= pps(UD)

this means that what ever number of RX buffer for UD/2K MTU which is
"enough" to have no (or close to zero) packet loss under some traffic
pattern, the same pattern can be served with IPoIB CM using SRQ of the
same size.

Or.