[openib-general] dry-run mode for opensm ?

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Feb 2 06:31:36 PST 2007

Hi Phillipe,

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 05:10, Philippe Gregoire wrote:
> Hal
> Is there any way to run opensm in a dry-run mode
> just to make it dump the route tables it will generate ?

Not that I'm aware of.

> We alve already an embedded SM and I would like to compare the
> current route tables with those that OpenSM would generate.

There are two options here from what I know:
1. Turn off the embedded SM temporarily and run OpenSM (in one of it's
various routing modes)
2. Get your topology into a simulator and run OpenSM on it

BTW, there are scripts which will work with any SM to dump the routing
tables (dump_lfts/mgfts.sh) if that is how you are doing the comparison.

-- Hal