[openib-general] idea for ofed 1 2 kernel file structure

Steve WIse swise at opengridcomputing.com
Sun Feb 4 11:43:27 PST 2007

> Well, OFED kernel tree is currently kernel.org files + OFED files.
> We could have OFED files in a separate tree and build script
> would put them together.

So the ofed_1_2 tree would become just new drivers/ulps that are not in
the kernel its based on (2.6.20), kernel_patches/, kernel_addons/, and
ofed_scripts/.  Right?

I think that's a reasonable approach, and it keeps the kernel tree clean
and makes it very clear which files are added to any given kernel
release that ofed bases on.

my 2 cents.

Steve.