[openib-general] Immediate data question

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Mon Feb 5 07:48:29 PST 2007

Roland:
	If I only want to send/recv 4 bytes with immediate data:

On sender side:
	opcode = IBV_WR_SEND_WITH_IMM;
	imm_data = my_4_bytes_data;

	Do I still need to specify sg_list and num_sge ?

On receiver side, because the immediate data is inside the completion
structure, do I need to post a receive for above message ?
If I need to post a receive, do I need to specify sg_list and num_sge
for the receive ?

I looked the spec but did not find useful information.

The reason I ask is that at some point, I can not(or hard) to provide
registered memory only for 4 bytes data.

Thank you.

--CQ