[openib-general] Unknown SMP Recv

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Feb 6 16:19:51 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 16:14, Michael Arndt wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> there was a little mistake.

I think I understand what you are saying now. The below are the 2

> The orginal packet has the initial path [0][1][1], return path [0][2][2],
> hop count and hop pointer are 2 (SubnGetResp), the Dr_DLID and DrSLID are
> permissive.

This sounds like the good response and appears to traverse your 3 nodes.

> The packet I asking for has the  initial path [0][0][0], return path
> [0][0][0],
> hop count and hop pointer are 2 (SubnGetResp), the Dr_DLID and DrSLID are 0.
> And the LIDs in LRH are 0. The rest of the smp header is the same as it is
> in the original header.

This is the bogus extra response. Since your sender node is unmodified,
it is unlikely an issue there. It seems like the intermediate node might
be responding and forwarding the packet on although it should only do
one of those two things. You did mention the SMI on the intermediate
node was modified, right ? Also, note that the SMI is not validated and
has some known issues for switches (e.g. intermediate hops).

-- Hal