[openib-general] Immediate data question

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Wed Feb 7 11:38:07 PST 2007

Roland:
	This is a followup question. If one process uses
IBV_WR_SEND_WITH_IMM  and IBV_SEND_INLINE to send 8 bytes, but the
receiver process does not post the corresponding receive to the QP,
instead,  this receiver process and other processes are doing  heavy
RDMA_WRITE/READ traffic each other.

	Does this pending SEND_WITH_IMM message affect the performance
of the receiver process ? Is this message buffered in the receiver's
HCA, or the sender retry and get RNR ack until receiver posts a receive
?

	Thanks.

--CQ