[openib-general] Problem is routing CM REQ was: Use a GRH when appropriate for unicast packets

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Feb 8 14:02:02 PST 2007

>>This requires that the passive side be able to issue path record queries, but I
>>think that it could work for static routes.  A point was made to me that the
>>remote side could be a TCA without query capabilities.
>
> Are you referring to SA query capabilities ? Would such a device just be
> expected to work without change in an IB routed environment anyway ?

Yes I was referring to SA query capability, such as a path record query.  Since
the spec requires that the path information be provided by the active side, I
think that such a device could work without change.  (But it does mean that the
active side has to provide some way to obtain the necessary information to put
into a CM REQ, plus know what the remote router will do.)