[openib-general] please pull for 2.6.21: fix + add IB multicast support

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Feb 9 10:01:03 PST 2007

> +       member = kzalloc(sizeof *member, gfp_mask);
> +       if (!member)
> +               return ERR_PTR(-ENOMEM);

This appears okay to replace with kmalloc.

> +       group = kzalloc(sizeof *group, gfp_mask);
> +       if (!group)
> +               return NULL;
> +

We would need additional initialize code to clear the members array, set the
state, and set last_join fields.

> and same here:
>
> +       iter = kzalloc(sizeof *iter + attr_size, GFP_KERNEL);
> +       if (!iter)
> +               return ERR_PTR(-ENOMEM);

I think this is coming from the local SA cache patch, which isn't part of this
pull request.

> +
>
> It seems same goes for
>
> +       mc = kzalloc(sizeof(*mc), GFP_KERNEL);
> +       if (!mc)
> +               return NULL;

We would need to set events_reported.

> +       bind_list = kzalloc(sizeof *bind_list, GFP_KERNEL);
> +       if (!bind_list)
> +               return -ENOMEM;

This looks like it can be replaced with kmalloc.

Roland, let me know how you'd like to handle any changes.