[openib-general] patches to 2.6.19.1 kernel for switch Operation

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Feb 12 14:40:15 PST 2007

Suri,

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 09:27, Suresh Shelvapille wrote:
> Hal:
>
> > > Ref: comment on mad.c (ib_mad_recv_done_handler().
> > >
> > > Even if I make the relevant changes to smi.c functions how do I get the
> > > packet to get forwarded, without making additional changes in this
> > function?
> > >
> > > Meaning, when smi_handle_dr_smp_send(),smi_check_forward_dr_smp() are
> > called
> > > and you determine that the packet has to be forwarded instead of
> > consuming
> > > where do you actually do the send? I think this chain is missing!
> >
> > My initial thought was what I wrote but in looking at this further, as
> > you point out, the SMI routines are only updating the packet and
> > indicating its disposition. The actual sending needs to be elsewhere.
> > I'm not sure what the code ends up looking like with the changes
> > suggested and would just like this to look as clean as possible and use
> > the SMI routines where appropriate here. Does this make sense ?
> >
> I am not sure I follow this last statement.

I was trying to say that the send needs to be elsewhere from the SMI
code for the forward case so it may go in the routine where you placed
it. I was also trying to say that I'm not 100% sure what this could look
like until the other changes described are made so this may take twp
more iterations rather than one. Is that any clearer ?