[openib-general] Problem is routing CM REQ

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Feb 13 15:55:19 PST 2007

>A LID is subnet local on that we can all agree.   The CM Req contains
>either the LID of a local subnet CA or the LID a local router which will
>move the packet to the next hop to the destination.   12.7.11 is basically
>saying that the remote LID is the router's LID of the local subnet's router
>Port.   12.7.21 also refers to the remote LID but in each subnet that is
>either the router Port's LID or the destination CA.

This isn't my interpretation.

12.7.11 Local Port LID:  When local and remote ports are on different subnets,
this field must be the LID of the router that the *passive* side will target for
the return path.

The CM REQ carries the LIDs for the remote (passive side) subnet.  This is what
the passive side needs to configure the QP, not the active side LID information.
(See address vector information for 11.2.4.2 - page 574.)

So, the CM REQ is _sent_ to either the LID of the local subnet CA or the LID of
a local router port, but _contains_ the LIDs from the remote subnet.