[openib-general] [GIT PULL] please pull infiniband.git

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Feb 14 02:01:51 PST 2007

> Quoting Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>:
> Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] please pull infiniband.git
>
>  > What about the patch that i sent on "Allow the following QP state
>  > transition : reset --> reset"?
>
> OK, I'll merge that in the next patch.  It's the kind of patch I'm not
> happy about merging, since it bloats the code to handle a corner case
> no one is likely to hit in practice, but it is technically correct so
> I guess we're forced to merge it.

I actually think this is a spec bug:
IB spec requires the following transitions in modify qp:
        Any State to Error
	Any state to Reset

If we are in reset state, both of these do not make any sense.

To Error from reset is especially hard to implement, and I think
this will actually create bugs in application (if it did "to error" I
think its expecting completions with error).

I'll try speaking with our representatives at the IBTA to remove this requirement.

--
MST