[openib-general] SM assigned GID addresses

Batwara, Ashish Ashish.Batwara at lsi.com
Wed Feb 14 08:56:27 PST 2007

Thanks for your reply.
So do you mean to say that current GUIDCap is always configured by SM to
1 for all the HCAs, and it is safe to assume that one IB port will have
only one or multiple IB address but that will have GUID portion common
in them (Based upon manufacturer's assigned EUI-64 based).
We are trying to define the target functionality for IB for our storage
arrays, and are trying to explore howmany port addresses that we can get
from an initiator standpoint.
How does this IB port GUID maps to SRP initiator ID? Are they same or
I/O Controller may have its own GUID and can use SM prefix to derive
initiator port ID in SRP login req?

Thanks
Ashish