[openib-general] Problem is routing CM REQ

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Feb 14 15:16:41 PST 2007

I agree with what was in your response, however, this is how I interpret your
answers:

2

>> Passive side QP - DLID
94

>> CM REQ Primary Local Port LID
no answer given

> - CM creates a REQ and populates the global information to identify the
> remote endnode.  The LRH generated targets Port LID 2.  The GRH is
> generated to target the remote subnet so the router will comprehend how
> to process the packet.

What is carried in the Primary REQ Local Port LID and Primary Remote Port LID
fields in the REQ?  My claim is that in this example the values are 94 and 93,
respectively.  The passive side uses these values to configure its QP.  This
means that the active side requires knowledge of the LIDs that are used on the
passive side subnet.  If you believe that other values are carried in the REQ,
what are they, and how are they used?