[openib-general] OFED 1.2 dapl and dat.conf

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 09:49:43 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 13:26 -0800, Arlin Davis wrote:
> Steve Wise wrote:
>
> >Currently, the dapl rpms don't install dat.conf.  I think they probably
> >should, eh?  Maybe in <prefix>/etc/dat.conf
> >

> my specfile is setup to target sysconfdir which is typically set to
> `$(prefix)/etc'
>
> %{_sysconfdir}/dat.conf
>
> I am not sure how the 1.2 scripts are building the rpms. Maybe Vladimir
> can help explain?

Note that this setup is problematic on multilib arches.  Since the
dat.conf file hard codes a library path that's different for 32bit/64bit
arches, installing both a 32bit and 64bit dapl library is impossible
without munging things.

For RHEL4U5/RHEL5 I changed the dat library to read dat<bits>.conf and
have two separate conf files.  A probably better approach would be to
change the library to use a relative library name that it looks for
starting from the libraries own directory.  Hence if the dapl library is
in /usr/lib, it looks in /usr/lib.  Doing that would allow the
32bit/64bit libraries to share the same config file.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at