[openib-general] IPv6oIB neighbour discover broken when MCGs overflow

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Feb 16 09:27:14 PST 2007

 > > I much prefer to fix the SM not to impose too-low limits on the number
 > > of MCGs.  Supporting O(# nodes) MCGs is really not a very onerous
 > > requirement on the SM.
 >
 > Is this a MFT size issue or SM issue or both ?

Well as we discussed before, the size of the MFT is really independent
of the # of MCGs supported.  It's up to the SM how to allocate MLIDs,
and as long as all the switches in the fabric support at least one
MLID, then any number of MCGs can be managed by the SM.  So I would
say this is entirely an SM issue.

 - R.