[openib-general] uDAPL: RDMA Write example

Christian Kaiser kaiser at lfbs.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Mon Feb 19 10:58:09 PST 2007

Caitlin Bestler schrieb:
> openib-general-bounces at openib.org wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to find a small sample program, that uses RDMA
>> Write instead of Send/Recv. In the sources there is no single
>> uDAPL example program and on the net neither.
>> Could someone please help me to find something useful?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Christian
>>

> With uDAPL, you don't use RDMA Write "instead of" Send/Recv, you use
> it in addition to Send/Recv. The Send/Recv is still required for
> synchronization.

So you put a Send/Recv before and after the dat_ep_post_rdma_write()?
I tried it once with a zero byte Send/Recv but I had the impression that
it doesn't work so that I have to do a one byte Send/Recv?