[openib-general] Port error rate detection

Steven Carter scarter at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 19 12:53:36 PST 2007

I have a Nagios module that alerts on connectivity, port errors,
speed/width problems.  I would like to give it the ability to change the
severity of the alert depending on whether errors are just present or if
they are increasing faster than a specified rate.  The intent is to
equip the module to keep the state of the last query and possibly
history, but I wanted to make sure that I was not re-inventing the wheel
first.  Is there an attribute or utility that I am overlooking that will
help me do this?

Thanks,

Steven.